Today we are witnessing the growing popularity of electric cars, which bring advantages in terms of environmental sustainability and represent an interesting business opportunity.
However, most charging infrastructures are still expensive and public electric charging stations are mostly located in large cities such as Rome, Milan and Florence.
Despite the widespread use of state incentives for purchasing and the advantages of an electric charging station in the home, few people still make this investment. Yet installing an electricity column is a smart and profitable way to start an energy revolution based on conscious consumption and the increasing use of renewable energy.
Why install an electricity column at home?
The private electricity column can be used in a flat or condominium, and depending on the case, the management of expenses changes. The condominium system provides for cost sharing with tenants for a more efficient service and a reduction of the initial investment.
That’s not all: the domestic electricity column finds space in the garage and affects the costs on the bill, but does not require an increase in the power of the meter. The ease of installation and speed makes the investment in the electric charging station worthwhile and profitable, as well as offering other advantages.
- Use of zero-cost energy provided by sunlight by powering the electricity column with solar and photovoltaic panels that make the costs close to zero.
- Reduction of pollution, which is one of the primary goals of e-mobility.
- Attention to design, as these columns become objects that enhance villas, houses and apartment blocks and blend into the environment.
How does the electric car column bonus work?
Few people know that there is an electric car column bonus extended to 2024 and introduced by the Ministry for Ecological Transition. In this case, 80 per cent of the funds are earmarked for measures for companies, while natural persons are left with EUR 9 million, which covers 40 per cent of the eligible costs according to the following breakdown:
- in the case of AC charging infrastructures with a power of 7.4 kW up to and including 22 kW, the incentives are EUR 2,500 per individual device for wallboxes with a single charging point and EUR 8,000 per individual wallbox with two charging points;
- in the case of DC recharging infrastructures, the amounts are EUR 1,000/kW up to 50 kW, EUR 50,000 per individual column over 50 kW and EUR 75,000 per individual column over 100 kW.
Going into detail the Bonus Electric balusters covers:
- the resources used for the purchase and implementation of the charging infrastructure, including the installation of charging stations, electrical equipment, related and strictly necessary construction works and monitoring facilities;
- costs for connection to the mains and connection for a ceiling of 10%;
- design, construction management, safety and testing costs, up to a limit of 10%.
How much does it cost to install an electricity column at home?
Today, thanks to companies such as DazeTechnology, everyone can install a wallbox in their home, a wall-mounted charging station compatible with all electric car models and perfect for the garage at home.
As far as costs are concerned, the installation of the slow-charging wallbox (up to 7.4 kW) ranges from a minimum of EUR 900 to a maximum of EUR 1,500, with an approximate average value of EUR 1,200 including VAT.
If you want, you can find low-cost solutions at 700 euro, as well as top-of-the-range solutions at over 1,700 euro. Prices start to rise more noticeably with fast/fast charging devices (up to 50 kW).
The purchase and installation of a 44 kW single-socket AC column costs between EUR 7,000 and EUR 9,000 + VAT. The cost of 50 kW DC devices is much higher, at between 22,000 and 29,000 euros + VAT, although there are devices on the market with less performance, such as wallboxes with a single 30 kW socket at 7,500 euros + VAT or 24 kW columns, whose prices can vary between 12,000 euros, single socket, and 19,000 euros + VAT.
Much more expensive are the ultra fast charging devices that can cost up to 80,000 euros + VAT.
If you need to install a private charging station, then the advice is to contact the e-mobility specialists DazeTechnology, who always have the most suitable solution for people’s needs.